Trek & Climb: Nevado Vallunaraju
Trek & Climb: Nevado Vallunaraju – Flying in from your country you’ll arrive in Lima in the afternoon. Then transfer to the bus station in Lima (Plaza Norte Terminal) – Huaraz (Travel by bus, the journey lasts around 7-8 hrs)
Vallunaraju is a very popular summit to peak in the Cordillera Blanca. Vallunaraju is located in the central part of Cordillera Blanca, it is the nearest mountain to go climbing starting from the city of Huaraz and it is considered a moderate climb. The day you’ll go to the summit you will have an amazing view of many peaks around, all the city and the Cordillera Negra.
Following then; to climb this peak you it’s not necessary to have any previous experience. However it is a moderately difficult climb and you will need a couple of day hikes in Huaraz to acclimatize; this is only in case if you are a newcomer to mountain terrain at altitude.
- Climb one of the famous mountains of the Cordillera Blanca.
- Climb & ascend one of the more moderate mountains for beginners to glacial climbing.
- Maximum altitude: 5,685m. (Vallunaraju summit).
- Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult.
- Duration: 2 days & 1 nights.
- Best Season: May – September.
- Location: Cordillera Blanca.
- Average temperature: Day to Night 18°C to (–10°C).