Trek & Climb: Nevado Pisco
Trek & Climb: Nevado Pisco – Flying in from your country you’ll arrive in Lima in the afternoon. Transfer to the bus station in Lima – Huaraz (Travel by bus, the journey lasts around 7-8 hrs)
Following then; Nevado Pisco is a very popular summit to peak in the Cordillera Blanca. It’s location among the highest mountains of the range such as Huascarán; Chopicalqui, Huandoys and Chacraraju are an incredible sight to see; it is one of the most spectacular views in the Cordillera Blanca.
Following then; the start point for this climb is located in Quebrada Llanganuco or Llanganuco Valley. From Huaraz you’ll take a ‘colectivo’ (public bus) to the town of Yungay (1 hour) or private transportation can be arranged if you are part if you are part of a group.
In Yungay you’ll take another bus to Pisco base camp in Llanganuco valley. There are two lagoons located here: Laguna Chinancocha and Laguna Orconcoha. So then; you’ll arrive to to the Pisco Base Camp, located in the first bend at 77km, called “La Curva” or (Cebollapampa); which is about 5km beyond the second laguna Orconcoha.
Pisco is a relatively easy climb and it’s not necessary to have previous experience of mountaineering when you climb with a certified guide.
- Climb one of the famous mountains of the Cordillera Blanca.
- Climb & ascend on one the easiest mountains for beginners to glacial climbing.
- Maximum altitude: 5,750m. (Pisco summit).
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate.
- Duration: 3 days & 2 nights.
- Best Season: May – September.
- Location: Cordillera Blanca.
- Average temperature: Day to Night 18°C to (–10°C).