Torres Del Paine National Park ‘O’ Trek & El Chalten
Torres del Paine National Park and El Chalten offer some of the most spectacular parts of the Patagonia region and the southern Andes.
This itinerary will cover the striking pointed peaks and massive glaciers of the Paine Massif and Southern Patagonia Ice Field; along what is popularly known as the “O” route based on its circuit shape.
In just under a couple of weeks; you will trek through almost 100 km+ of trails and stay at a variety of lodges, shelters (refugios) or camping for the overnights.
Thus; this tour is best suited for trekkers with hiking experience; or physically-fit adventurers who are willing to practice hiking trails with demanding conditions. Crowds of trekkers/travellers are more prevalent during the high season; which also overlaps with pleasant summer weather in the Southern Hemisphere.
First of all; arriving in Torres del Paine; the tour of the Paine Massif, where nature invites you to challenge your body and mind. For 8 intense days you will be amazed by the granite towers that give the park its name, the legendary Francés Valley, or the striking Grey Glacier seen from the John Garner mountain pass where the ice blends into the clouds on the horizon. An experience that will take your breath way.
Following on; from Torres del Paine; you’ll then transfer to El Chalten. The variety of views from steppe to the forest; from huge glacier moraines to colourful lakes and the views makes this itinerary a unique and fantastic way to explore the best of the National park.
- Explore famous landmark sites such as Las Torres, Glacier Grey, Las Cuernos, Dickson Glacier.
- Spend just over a week discovering the awe and stunning scenery of Torres del Paine.
- Encounter numerous flora and fauna, including grazing wild guanaco.
- Climb the John Gardner Pass for a section of the park that is rarely visited.
- Walk alongside the magnificent lagunas of Nordenskjold, Pehoe and Grey.