Peru Amazon Tours – Manu Reserve
Manu is divided into three zones:
- “Intangible zone” is only accessible to scientists and researchers
- “Reserved zone” is only accessible to a limited number of tour operators and their tours
- “Cultural zone” is more accessible and where local Amazonian peoples live in small communities.
The cultural zone is home to several native communities of the Yine and Matsiguenka people who have initiated tourism projects. When visiting the park; chances to see wildlife are best in the reserved tourism zone; but wildlife experiences are also available in the cultural zone. This zone is the only place where you will be able to visit native communities; many of which still follow their traditional ways of life; such as hunter-gatherer traditions.
Midway; through the tour there is the opportunity to go through raw & uninhabited jungle; camp and then navigate the river back to the port town of Atalaya. So then; this is an expedition adventure through very rough jungle terrain; but provides the opportunity to see the jungle in its rawest form and experience the natural Amazon.
- Explore the abundant nature of Manu National Park.
- Swim and bathe in the Rivers of the Zone.
- Explore a route through this part of the jungle that not many will ever encounter!
- Use machetes & some bushcraft to navigate bamboo terrain.
- Encounter local communities and tribes of the zone (if you get lucky!)
Note: The last couple of days of this expedition are challenging, be prepared for a very physical adventure and difficult terrain.