Patagonia – Torres Del Paine ‘O’ Trek – 8 Days
Patagonia – Torres del Paine National Park is one of the most spectacular parts of the Patagonia region and the southern Andes. Located at the southern tip of the Americas; the park is a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve and one of the most visited in Chile. Torres del Paine lies between the Andes Mountains and the Patagonian Steppe in southern Chile giving on to the Atlantic coast. It is an area of great scenic beauty; with many ridges, crags, glaciers, waterfalls, rivers, lakes and lagoons.
Following then; this itinerary will cover the striking pointed peaks and massive glaciers of the Paine Massif & Southern Patagonia Ice Field; along what is popularly known as the “O” route based on its circuit shape.
Then; in just over a week, you’ll trek through almost 80 miles (128.75 km) of trails and stay at a variety of lodges; shelters (refugios) or camping for the overnights.
This tour is best suited for trekkers with hiking experience; or physically-fit adventurers who are willing to practice hiking trails with occasionally demanding conditions. Crowds of trekkers/travellers are more prevalent during the high season. Following then; this also overlaps with pleasant summer weather in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Spend just over a week discovering the awe and stunning scenery of Torres del Paine.
- Climb the John Gardner Pass for a section of the park that is rarely visited.
- Explore famous landmark sites such as Las Torres, Glacier Grey, Las Cuernos, Dickson Glacier.
- Walk alongside the magnificent lagunas of Nordenskjold, Pehoe and Grey.
- Encounter numerous flora and fauna, including grazing wild guanaco.