Mountain Escape – Patagonia: El Chalten – 5 Days
Mountain Escape – Patagonia: El Chalten – The variety of views from steppe to the forest, from huge glacier moraines to colourful lakes and the view from Agachonas pass and del Viento pass makes this program a unique and fantastic way to explore the best of the National park.
Following on from the imposing and stunning views of the Mt. Fitzroy; to the beautifully clear views of the laguna Torre and the thrill of the zipline through to the exhilarating Paso del Viento. After all, this is a trek adventure with different experiences along the way; it’s an awesome way to experience the north Patagonian wilds of El Chalten.
- Day 1 – El Chalten, Laguna de los Tres – Fitz Roy. Poincenot campsite
- Day 2 – After breakfast we begin our descent into the Valley of the Madre and Hija lagoons to Laguna Torre. Thorwood campsite
- Day 3 – From Laguna Torre we cross the River Fitz-Roy on the zip line hiking up Agachonas Pass. Toro campsite
- Day 4 – Zip line crossing for Tunel river to reach Paso del Viento. Toro campsite
- Day 5 – Return to El Chalten.