Aconcagua Summit – 13 or 16 Days
Aconcagua Mountain is a part of the Andes mountain range, located in the province of Mendoza, Argentina. The summit is located just 15 kilometres away from the international border with Chile. It is one of the Seven Summits (the highest mountains in each of the seven continents).
Following with a good climate, you’ll be able to enjoy an incredible 360° view from the summit that you’ll never forget: infinite mountains, white fields and glaciers, including the stunning peaks of Cerro Mercedario and Cerro Tolosa.
Then mules will carry the expedition equipment & they are not loaded with more than 30-40kg. From Base Camp 1 to Base Camp 3 (Day 9 onwards), you will be required to carry your own equipment and around 7kg of group equipment also. For additional porters to carry your personal equipment, you can hire these from us. A porter will carry a maximum 15kg limit of your gear.
Also there is an option to extend the route for a couple of days to add more time for acclimatisation along the trail, a lot depends on your own personal fitness and your ability at altitude.
- Altitude: 6,962m.
- Duration: 13D/12N
- Route: Normal – North face
- Difficulty: Non-technical & No risk of Avalanche.
- Equipment: Expedition (Please refer to the videos below for equipment).
- Requirements: Good physical condition and recommended prior experience at altitude.
- Summit success: About 50%
- Threats: Biggest threat is the cold (-20 to -30c) and altitude.
- Summit Season: 15/11/19 – 24/02/20
- Radio Equipment: On the expedition we will have radios & access to a rescue helicopter if required.
- Medical: We will have oxygen available on the expedition, oximetro (to read oxygen levels in your blood), diamox (to combat any bad effects of altitude sickness), along with a complete medical box set for the expedition.
- Health: Your health will be checked at regular intervals along the route (e.g. at every camp). All of our guides are fully trained in first aid and mountain rescue.
- Pacing: It is important to go at a pace you are comfortable with and our guides will help support you in this.
- Insurance: It is vital that you have adventure insurance for this trip.