Aconcagua Base Camp Trek – 7 Days
Aconcagua Mountain is a part of the Andes mountain range, located in the province of Mendoza, Argentina. The summit is located just 15 kilometres away from the international border with Chile. It is one of the Seven Summits (the highest mountains in each of the seven continents).
Following with a good climate, you’ll be able to trek the base camp of Aconcagua at 4,500m altitude. And then starting from Penitentes we’ll load a mule with our equipment and you’ll trek to Confluencia. Stopping here for 2 nights to acclimatise and trek to Plaza Francia to see the South Wall of Aconcagua.
Then trekking to the ‘Plaza de Mulas‘ or base camp is a reasonably long day (around 7 hrs); it is mainly flat with a steep incline right at the end. Along the way you’ll have impressive views of Aconcagua and the surrounding range.
Following then; upon reaching base camp you can relax for a day and have the opportunity to scale Cerro Bonete the following day. Then having had the opportunity to explore base camp you’ll trek out of the park and head back to Mendoza for connecting flights out.
Mountain & Summit Stats
- Altitude: 5,000m.
- Duration: 7D/6N
- Route: Normal – North face
- Difficulty: Non-technical & No risk of Avalanche.
- Equipment: Expedition (Please refer to the videos below for equipment).
- Requirements: Good physical condition and recommended prior experience at altitude.
- Summit Season: 15/11/19 – 24/02/20
Safety & Security: Your safety and security is our main priority.
- Radio Equipment: On the expedition we will have radios & access to a rescue helicopter if required.
- Medical: We will have oxygen available on the expedition, oximetro (to read oxygen levels in your blood), diamox (to combat any bad effects of altitude sickness), along with a complete medical box set for the expedition.
- Health: Your health will be checked at regular intervals along the route (e.g. at every camp). All of our guides are fully trained in first aid and mountain rescue.
- Pacing: It is important to go at a pace you are comfortable with and our guides will help support you in this.
- Insurance: It is vital that you have adventure & evacuation insurance for this trip.