Expeditions and Services
At Unu Raymi Expeditions, we will always keep our commitment to deliver the best possible experience tailored to you based on your requirements.
With us, we believe that you have many available options for planning the best trip. We’ll operate and incorporate as many off the beaten path experiences as possible for your expedition. Even before your trip with us begins, we will work with you to ensure you are fully prepared and happy before setting off, and we’ll continue this once the trip begins. Throughout your entire trip with us, we will always respond to your individual needs and requirements.
During your experience and time with us, we hope you will feel as though you have expanded your boundaries physically, spiritually and psychologically. We want you to go away feeling as though you have achieved optimal success with us.
We only work with guides who are reputable, respected, well-qualified and that know how to look after our travellers and friends. Our guides are fun, friendly and always maintain a sense of humor even in the toughest challenges. We access regions and summits many guides are insufficiently trained and permitted to go. As well, all of our guides have extensive high-altitude experience.
We will always put our traveller’s safety first and foremost as we take your health & safety as the most important part of the trip.
- Radio Equipment: On the expedition we will have radios to assist with evacuations or to do reconnaissance on expedition conditions.
- Medical: Oxygen is always available on our expeditions, oximetro (to read oxygen levels in your blood), diamox (to combat any bad effects of altitude sickness), along with a complete medical box set for expeditions.
- Health: Your health will be checked at regular intervals along the route (e.g. at every camp). All of our guides are fully trained in first aid and mountain rescue.
- Pacing: It is important to go at a pace you are comfortable with and our guides will help support you in this.
- Insurance: It is essential that you have adventure insurance for any expedition.
We will always work with any traveller to develop their dream trip no matter how big or small. We pride ourselves on being very competitive whilst not compromising on quality aspects of any trip. Investing in the best available equipment, guides, assistants, accommodation, transport and food ensures we can deliver the best trip plans.
There is a solution to most trips and budgets, we’ll work with you to ensure we get it absolutely right. Transparency with all trip quotes is how we like to work and we will be clear throughout the trip planning process.
We are a very small company working out of Cusco, Peru; we are primarily family and close companions. Heavily invested in our communities and local people, we ensure that we utilize local resources throughout our trips, paying good wages and above average market rates to assure quality and loyalty in everything we do.