Service & Commitments
At Unu Raymi Expeditions; we’ll always keep our commitment to deliver the best customised experience created from your own personal & group requirements.
We’ll provide as many available options for planning your ideal trip; operating & incorporating many off-the-beaten path experiences for your trip or expedition. Before your trip begins we’ll work with you to ensure you are fully prepared and happy before setting off; we’ll continue this once you’re inland with us responding to your individual needs & requirements.
Throughout your time and experience with us; one of our main goals is to help you expand your own boundaries both physically & spiritually. We want you to go away feeling as though you have been challenged to achieve optimal success and enjoyment from your trip.
We work with guides who are reputable, respected, well-qualified and that know how to look after our travellers. Our guides are fun, friendly and always maintain a sense of humor even in the toughest challenges. We access regions and summits many guides are insufficiently trained and permitted to go. As well, all of our guides have extensive high-altitude & expedition experience.
We will always put our traveller’s safety first and foremost as we take your health & safety as the most important part of the trip.
- Radio Equipment: On the expedition we will use radios to assist with evacuations or to do reconnaissance on expedition conditions.
- Medical: Oxygen is always available on our expeditions, oximetro (to read oxygen levels in your blood), diamox (to combat any bad effects of altitude sickness), along with a complete medical box set for expeditions.
- Health: Your health will be checked at regular intervals along the route (e.g. at every camp). All of our guides are fully trained in first aid and mountain rescue.
- We have an on-call Nurse available in Cusco and the Sacred Valley to care for any ailments you may have or any requirements for localised treatments.
- Pacing: It is important to go at a pace you are comfortable with and our guides will help support you in this.
- Insurance: It is essential that you have travel adventure insurance for any kind of trip or expedition.
We’ll always work with any traveller to develop their dream trip no matter how big or small. We pride ourselves on being very competitive whilst not compromising on quality aspects of any trip. Investing in the best available equipment, guides, assistants, accommodation, transport and food ensures we can deliver the best trip plans.
There is a solution to most trips and budgets, we’ll work with you to ensure we get it absolutely right. Transparency with all trip quotes is how we like to work and we will be clear throughout the trip planning process.
Our Company Ethics
We are a very small family company working out of Cusco, Peru; we invest in our communities and its local people. Utilising local resources & people throughout our trips; we pay very fair wages and above the average market conditions to assure quality and loyalty in everything we do.
We are working with the latest protocols issued by the Ministerio de Salud (Ministry of Health) to ensure our operations are safe and compliant for the future. All hygiene standards that are being developed will be adhered to in compliance with state legislation and protocols.
Alongside this we have our own on-call nurse available in Cusco and the Sacred Valley to care for you during your time with us. For high-altitude expeditions you will also have health assistance available from our nurse on these trips for your own health & safety.